Longhorn 10.5

2drewej 20:10 11 Jul 05

what are your views on longhorn 10.5 ? (not authentic version)

do you think its worth downloading?

powerless 20:12 11 Jul 05

click here ?

I like the Media Centre Style!

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:42 11 Jul 05

May I quote from the reviews.....'Why the author of this software altered files fundamental to the OS kernel just to apply a visual style is beyond me. It's my fault for deciding to run the software despite the numerous release-of-liability clicks the author inserted into the program (always a tip-off something's buggy).
Don't make the same mistake I did. Avoid this software, unless you want a several thousand dollar machine to become a paperweight in just ten minutes.'

I rest my case.

Pooke 21:02 11 Jul 05

Your word's good enough.

2drewej 21:25 11 Jul 05

if you created a restore point , you could try it to see if it was worth keeping ?

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:24 11 Jul 05

It alters the basic kernel operating system. Why mess about for eye candy?

De Marcus 23:16 11 Jul 05

This programme is one of the most poorly written I've ever clapped eye's on and by the author's admission. I installed this out of curiosity and as per G's first post every dialogue box that comes up tells you that if your machine dies, tough luck, you can't blame me cos i told you so. Whilst it didn't give me any install problems, I simply didn't like it, removing it became a file-by-file nightmare.

One message in particular bears a stark warning, with the words 'screw up your system files'. That and the fact the guys english ain't to hot should make anyone give this a full on US 8 lane wide birth. Pass it by and get your eye candy elsewhere.

Forum Editor 23:46 11 Jul 05

to give this software the widest berth possible. I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole - as my Texan client is apt to say.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…