Long handled shers with rotating head

SparkyJack 10:35 02 Jun 11
Answered

Small lawn shears with a rotatable head so that they serve to edge as well as on the flat are common- I have such a set.

My daughter has similar with Long Handles to do the same Edging/flat task.

These are branded Wilkinson.

Just the job for bulky arthritic me.

She does not recall where she purchased them from however.

A search on line did not turn anything up and Wilkinson them selves do not seem to list the item [perhaps discontinued]

So if any of you know of a source would much appreciate it.

spuds 13:43 02 Jun 11

These items use to available at most diy and garden centres and I think Aldi were selling a similar model or device a few months ago on one of their weekly promotions. Llidl perhaps the same?.

But checking through my Wickes, Toolstation, Screwfix, Argos and Wilko catalogues they seem to have many hand and powered devices, fit for the purpose or similar but not the same tool as you require. Powered garden tools now seem to be the popular and easy way for most!.

SparkyJack 20:10 02 Jun 11
Answer

Thank you Spuds

Did the same search as yourself and got the same result.

However on my way into to town this afternoon I took a slightly different route and called into Homebase-

Not a store I frequent normally -does not ring quite right some how to me the staff are sort of idle compared to the buzz B&Q and lo and behold there they were - Not Wilkinson but some new name made in Finland

And a result too because I acquired then with my NECTAR points and with some left over too.

Grey Goo 22:24 02 Jun 11

Possibly Wilkinson-Sword click here

Grey Goo 22:48 02 Jun 11

If so this seems to be the cheapest place

click here

spuds 10:54 03 Jun 11

SparkyJack

If you had an Argos card (Same parent company as Homebase) you would have perhaps been able to get an extra 15% off this week plus Nectar points?.

Glad that you got sorted out. Like yourself, I seldom use Homebase mainly due to prices and a lesser range nowadays, but when I do there's always a few surprises!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…