Logitech Spyware

Lightspeed2003 13:43 08 Jun 03

This might have been posted before, but if you have a Logitech iTouch keyboard, when you install the software it will also install a piece of spyware called Backweb Lite. This is found using Spybot S and D so make sure you run it after installation.

reddwarfcrew 14:15 08 Jun 03

also came with my optical logitech mouse.

jazzypop 14:22 08 Jun 03

A little more info about Backweb - click here

VoG™ 15:00 08 Jun 03

Kodak digital camera software also tries to install this -- if you let it. By doing a custom install and not selecting the web updating "service" you can avoid it.

Gaz 25 21:15 08 Jun 03

Swines.

Lightspeed2003 21:18 08 Jun 03

I agree, it's bad enoughwhen they include spyware in free programs, it shouldn't go into the software that came with your hardware, you are paying them already. If any manufacturers are reading this, stop the spyware!

vinnyT 12:25 09 Jun 03

Took me a while to figure out what had loaded it on my system. When loading the sware for the kboard it also wanted to load a link to BT broadband.

The Spires 13:49 09 Jun 03

I have recently noticed some rather large Ad's appearing on the TV listing pages on Teletext, this has the effect of only leaving a small amount of screen for the listings. Do you think My TV is infected, and is there an Ad-Blocker available for a Thompson Widescreen TV? The reason I ask is that all the Ad's seem to be asking if I need to borrow money, so it's obvious they have information about me & my habits.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…