Logitech MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse

ASTRoberts 14:50 15 Nov 05

Hi All :)
Can any of you give an opinion on this mouse please ?
Setting aside cost, since Christmas is coming, is this the best mouse on the market for gamers ?
Or is the Logitech G7 Laser Cordless Mouse even better ?

freaky 16:11 15 Nov 05

dark*angel 16:49 15 Nov 05

My boyfriend uses the MX1000 and he is a serious gamer, he says it is the best mouse he has ever used and I must admit it is a lovely bit of kit.

Starfox 18:33 15 Nov 05

I have one of these and I consider myself to be a fairly serious gamer.It certainly is the most responsive mouse I have used,it is very well designed and very comfortable to use.

On the down side I have found it sometimes difficult to programme the mouse buttons for some games but that could just be me not doing it right.:o)

Lead 19:22 15 Nov 05

The MX1000 is an excellent mouse, I've been gaming with it for quite a while. However, the G7 is meant to be even better. It also comes with software tailored to gaming, software which isn't available separately. Get the G7.

(If you want more details, just google for the reviews.)

helmetshine 20:00 15 Nov 05

I've always preferred a corded mouse for gaming....if you're willing to get a corded one you should check out the Razer Copperhead click here

freaky 21:52 15 Nov 05

Got the Logitech G5 Corded Laser Mouse, this connects to a USB(2)socket. Comes complete with the SetPoint software. I think the G7 is cordless but requires batteries.

This mouse replaced a Logitech Optical Mouse - no complaints about it, but the G5 is far more refined.

It is excellent for games, but also for normal use as it can be 'tuned' for various functions.

One good example is the ability to 'go back' by pressing a button on the mouse, rather than having to move the mouse pointer to a 'back arrow'.

Have not had it long, but my impressions so far are excellent value for your money - plus a 3 year warranty!

jbp1982 22:20 15 Nov 05

Should be awesome, I have the mx518 and it's good, the mx1000 should be awesome.

Was thinking about it but got this one at a good price. I'm that serious in games aswell which affected my decision.

I also prefer wired mice.

jbp1982 22:22 15 Nov 05

should read....

I'm NOT that serious in games...

ShorN 22:51 15 Nov 05

Im not that serious a gamer only playing cod:uo now and then but this mouse is by far the best ive ever used.
I do alot of photo editing and it is great!

Very confortable, the responsiveness took a bit of getting used to, but was the best £60 i paid on computing equipment!

smartdave 12:15 16 Nov 05

The G7 is logitech's flagship mouse. Freaky said that it needs batteries....almost right!

The unit has a proprietary battery slotted neatly inside it. Another is on charge on the receiver unit. So, for serious gamers, you can quickly switch to a charged battery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…