Llyods TSB

Just recieved tis e-mail today,10/2/06.From Llyods TSB supposedly:-

; &nbs p; &nb sp;
Dear Llyods TSB Bank Customer,

We recently have determined that different computers have logged into your Llyods TSB
Bank account, and multiple password failures were present before the
logons. We now need you to log into your account and verify your account
activity.

We thank you for your co-operation in this manner.

To log into your account and verify your account activity, click here:

https:/ /online.lloydstsb.co.uk/customer.ibc

We appreciate your support and understanding, as we work together to keep Lloyds TSB
Bank a safe place to do business.
Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Trust and Safety Department
Llyods TSB Bank
Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification. Mail sent to
this address cannot be answered.

As I'm not even their customer,this is almost sure to be a phishing scam.
But what did I get from their offshore cust service,"just delete the e-mail" very helpfull,can't even get local number.So a warning for others BEWARE,mind you most PC advisor readers will not be suckered in.

Stuartli 14:04 10 Mar 06

It's a scam and just one of the banks supposedly sending out such e-mails.

Delete it immediatelky and any similar ones that come - no bank or financial institution requests personal information in an e-mail.

Fellsider 14:25 10 Mar 06

As you are obviously aware of these scams I would have also suggested sending it to Lloyds/TSB, there is a contact on their homepage of the website (as there is with all financial establishments) in order that they may be able to take action and therefore help people less fortunate.

Tried to contact bank thro e-mail,but askes for account and can't send it without one.Seems bank not intrested.

namtas 16:09 10 Mar 06
  anskyber 16:37 10 Mar 06

I assume you copied and pasted. If that is the case they have aproblem spelling Lloyds

blanco 17:10 10 Mar 06

As a customer of Lloyds TSB I should just add that they make it quite clear that any email originating from them will be addressed to you personally so 'Dear customer' or the like show it up as phishing right away.

I've been getting a number supposedly from other financial institutions that I have no business with and always delete before downloading.

namtas 17:48 10 Mar 06

Correct it is a pasted link, I need help, where is the mistake in the spelling?

Totally-braindead 18:55 10 Mar 06

Llyods should be Lloyds, I assume that is what is refered to.

Thanks finally found the link,and sent it on.As you's noticed the spelling mistakes in the copied and pasted e-mail.Their main mistake was sending it to a non Lloydes TSB customer.Other's may be duped though.I've heard of these scams but not seen one and it's not on the Lloyds website.Thanks all.

anskyber 19:13 10 Mar 06

yes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…