LLoyds TSB Bank

GRFT 13:43 03 Nov 06

I just received an email "Update your account." I didn't open as it's probably a scam. I haven't had anyhing to do with the TSB since it was thieved from its owners (including me) in the 1980s by Thatcher.

Stuartli 14:41 03 Nov 06

You are lucky that you don't receive any number of such scam e-mails from a variety of "banks" in your mail box...:-)

Fortunately I do know which are genuine Halifax and other financial institutions' communications.

knockin on 14:47 03 Nov 06

Lloyds make it clear that they do not request such info by email, If you do not use TSB why not just delete it?

spuds 15:21 03 Nov 06

According to my in-tray, I belong to nearly every bank that's available. If I do not get a Barclays Bank account update request at least ten or more times a week, I get annoyed, thinking that they have given up on me :O)

sunny staines 16:19 03 Nov 06

i never open any emails from banks all get deleted. if i deleted a genuine one they will soon write a letter or phone if important. most are phising or if genuine just spam offers for loans.

oresome 17:20 03 Nov 06

"I haven't had anyhing to do with the TSB since it was thieved from its owners (including me) in the 1980s by Thatcher."

I've been a customer since the 1960's and a shareholder since the 1980's when members were offered shares at a discount.

Not a sparkling performance from the shares over that period, but better than money in one of their savings accounts.

blanco 17:30 03 Nov 06

I'm with Lloyds TSB (always as a Lloyds customer so have no feelings about TSB)
They have made it quite clear that any email coming from them will be addressed specifically to you by name, not dear customer or any such.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…