A little praise for EA Games

Eagie 11:49 27 May 03

In a world where customer support sometimes seems non-existent I would like to sing the praises of Electronic Arts.

I am having a few probs with James Bond: Nightfire (it crashes sporadically which is very annoying). Using the EA Games website I submitted my problem, none of the automated replies helped so I was contacted by a member of their support team via e-mail. He has gone through a few options with me but instead of just saying 'update your driver' he supplied me with the URLs and driver revision numbers. He has always responded within 24hrs - even the Bank holiday didn't stop him.

The problem isn't quite sorted (though I now know that my AGP aperture setting was way too low) but as I have virtually finished the game despite the crashes I am not too bothered - after all it's just a game.

EA deserve a slap on the back. Its just a shame that provider of more critical software/hardware can't follow their example.

James

kingkenny 12:42 27 May 03

I had similar problems with game performance in Mohaa Spearhead. I used the website and got a very quick response from them with numerous suggestions. I eventually got the problem fixed.

I also broke a disk and they asked me to send it in with a cheque for £7.50. I got a new disk, new box and a nice letter a few days later.

overall very pleased with EA games.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…