A little help please :)

ashleycauchi 19:32 PM 11 Apr 11

I don't have the best machine but its what I have and I dont plan on changing for a little while. I would like to upgrade my cpu and ram.

My motherboard is a ASUS® P5QL/EPU: DDR2, SATAII, PCI-e x16, 3 PCI, 2 x PCI-e x1

I have a Intel® Celeron® DualCore E3200 (2.4GHz) 800MHz FSB/1MB Cache at the moment

and my ram is 2GB CORSAIR XMS2 DUAL-DDR2 800MHz, I would like to upgrade to 3GB

Any help would be welcomed, thank you.

P.s. I am asking about this because I would like to play crysis 2 with decent settings and decent fps, if that is possible.

birdface 19:46 PM 11 Apr 11

let crucial scan your computer to see what extra ram it will take.

link text

Not sure about the CPU will let someone else advise you for that.

ashleycauchi 20:19 PM 11 Apr 11

thank you for that information.

D@ve 21:12 PM 13 Apr 11

You have a Socket 775 motherboard, so you will have to replace it with something from the Core 2 Duo / Quad range. Check out ebuyer's range here. See Tom's Hardware charts to compare how good they are for gaming.

You don't mention anything about a graphics card. This is the most important component for a gaming system. Make sure you have a half decent one. Minimum really something like this or better still, link text.

Also, about your RAM, you will probably be better off adding another 2GB of identical sticks so that you can use Dual Channel memory.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know