liteon lvw5025ghc dvd recorder with hard disk

pookie 19:27 04 Mar 06

hi

thinking of getting a dvd recorder for tv - one with hard drive and burn to disk. i've seen the above in argos for £199. anyone got it - any comments?

cheers

P

rmcqua 19:50 04 Mar 06

Pookie,
I have recently bought the LVW5045, with 160Gb HDD, and though I haven't been able to find too much time to play with it yet, it seems excellent and set up was a doddle.

pookie 21:47 04 Mar 06

many thanks for this - any others??

Arnie 10:39 07 Mar 06

I'd rather go for the Panasonic range.

I have given my Liteon LVW-5005 to my daughter. The sibilance on sound was terrible. Modifying the scart lead with a resistor sound attenuator helped but it was still there. I even downloaded the latest software fix to no avail. Anyway my daughter seems happy with it.

The Taiwanese web site was terrible with stupid phrases like, "we are sorry for the problem, we do not want to spoil your beautiful day".

It's Panasonic for me from now on. Even most of their manuals can be downloaded for viewing before product purchase.

rmcqua 11:50 07 Mar 06

Absolutely no such problems with my Liteon. First class audio and video quality. It's worth noting that Liteon are one of the world's leading companies in optical technology and, IMHO, offer much better value for money than some of the well known Japanese names.

pookie 16:59 07 Mar 06

thanks guys - i got the liteone and think its great (although i've nothing to compare it against)but i'm happy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…