Linux systems from sdIT

Patrese 15:30 31 Jan 03

Been looking at the sdIT website, and noticed that they have a range of Linux systems. They seem really good value for the specs, but I don't know much about the Linux O/S.

As a small business owner, I'm particularly interested in the system for £199 inc. VAT. This could save me a lot of dough if I ran it on a Linux based server, and I already have a number of monitors for re-use. Here is the specification:

1.3GHz Duron Processor
Gigabyte Suitable M/board
128MB SDRAM
40GB 5400rpm HDD
54x CDROM
3.5" FDD
56K Fax Modem
PS2 Keyboard and mouse
Redhat Linux 8.0 O/S
12 Month Back to Base Warranty

What do people think?

wags 16:36 31 Jan 03

My business runs on a Linux server (Suse Linux), which is very stable. It also saves a lot of money on licences since we use Suse Linux Email Server 3.1, which is browser based. Our desk top pcs run windows 98SE, but the server copes nicely with MS Office etc. Also, you find that virus writers dont seem to write them for Linux (yet anyway), so it is secure. The system you mention sounds like good value.

leo49 16:47 31 Jan 03

click here

An alternative reason to switch......

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…