Linksys - excellent customer service

wags 10:02 08 Nov 06

I thought I should post about the great after-sales service I have just received from Linksys. My ADSL2 AG241 router failed after 16 months, but fortunately there is a 2 yrs manufacturers warranty.

I phoned the free-phone Linskys number in the user guide, which was answered within 3 rings. Good start. Their customer service centre is based in the Philippines and the young lady I spoke to was very helpful, courteous and patient (note it was 3.30am her local time!!). She went through the usual trouble-shooting and then asked me to fax or email her a copy of the original invoice and that she would phone back later with an RMA number.

2 hours later, she (same girl) phoned me back with RMA details, which was subsequently followed up by email. 3 days later a UPS prepaid label was emailed to me, I package up the router, call UPS for collection and it is returned to Holland, the nearest service centre to UK.

This morning at 9.45am a brand new replacement router shrink wrapped in original box has arrived at my home.

I know that Linksys are part of Cisco, who are known for great service, but I thought it would be useful to fellow forum members to know just how good it can be.

g0slp 11:14 08 Nov 06

I agree. I contacted the freephone number on Saturday with a problem, which was resolved over the phone. Excellent service.

sunny staines 20:41 08 Nov 06

i agree first class service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5