Linksys ADSL router

Dan Electro 19:20 02 Sep 05

Junk is the only way of describing this. I wonder if anyone else has had problems with one. I was impressed\worried by the way PC World changed it with no argument. I've got a Belkin now and at the moment it seems to be fine.

Diodorus Siculus 19:38 02 Sep 05

What was up?

Dan Electro 19:46 02 Sep 05

At first all was fine. Then after a couple of days it lost all the settings. A day later it dropped my ethernet connection, and I tried everything to get it back to no avail. I left it alone and re-installed my Sagem ADSL modem so I could get on line. Three hours later I tried it again-nothing, so then I tried the wireless connection on my laptop-nothing. In a fit of pique I plugged it directly into the ethernet port on my laptop and still nothing. I belong to several forums and it seems a common problem with this unit.

I just wondered if anyone here had problems with one of these.

Diodorus Siculus 21:02 02 Sep 05

Sounds like a nasty case. Good that PCW were willing to exchange it - when I was in a branch down in Croydon a while ago there was a sign saying that networking stuff would not be exchanged if opened.

Hope this serves as a potential warning for others.

Dan Electro 21:12 02 Sep 05

I got the feeling that they had quite a few complaints. That's a bit hard not being able to return a faulty product. I would have thought in contravention of consumer rights as well.

Diodorus Siculus 21:27 02 Sep 05

It's proving that it is faulty that is the problem!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos