Lineone/Tiscali to Broadband Package.

spuds 12:28 15 Nov 03

I am trying to find out, if anyone as recently changed from a Tiscali,possibly a Lineone/Surftime dial-up package to a Tiscali Broadband package- 150kbps/256kbps/512kbps deal.

Question: Did you have any problems. Have there been any pitfalls.Was it what you expected.

As usual, many thanks to anyone that answers.

Border View 12:52 15 Nov 03

You may wish to have a look at A_World_Makers posting on this thread click here

Will watch to see how you get on because I'm with Lineone/Tiscalli Dial Up and when BT get my area sorted out for BB access will be going down the same route.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:33 15 Nov 03

Transferred from to Tiscali BB 6 months or so ago. Tiscali told me that it would be 14 took 7. It was double easy to set up the free modem. Always connects first time, fast speeds and no outages. All in all , superb. Only had to phone helpline once and was sorted in less > a minute.

nb...connect the modem to one of the USB sockets in the computer NOT to an extension USB.

apu10 14:57 15 Nov 03

i subscribed to tiscali bb and with it promising me a free modem within 14 days i have yet to recieve one ! and i've signed up for the service 3 months ago !!!!!!!

completly useless ! must have sent about five letters and countless e-mails asking for my modem , seeing as im paying for the service ! on the end of the phone all i get is "sorry" , when i say ok i've had enough cancel my service they say you are in a 12 month contract and you cant !

so i had to go out and buy my own bb modem, so i wasted a months bb serveice (nearly 30 quid) and i had to fork out for a modem !

tiscali are a pile of sh*te !

spuds 15:55 15 Nov 03

Thanks folks, keep it coming. Been trying to get Tiscali 'Live Help'but all agents are busy!.

apu10.Sorry to hear the problem that you have had. Would suggest that you contact Tiscali by registered letter, explaining your problem, with a 'pointed' reminder that contracts are two way.You have purchased a package deal, and the modem was not supplied.End of 12 months contract!.

steve0 19:49 15 Nov 03

Been with Tiscali 6 months - connects first time and does everything broadband is supposed to. However when first recieved modem it would not connect, This is where you meet Tiscali's service department. It took hours to contact them - resorted to leaving phone off hook and used external speaker so I could do some work while I waited for reply. I was lucky - managed to speak to someone in the UK - they have all moved to India now, and problem was solved in a few minutes. They had to enable at their end or something.

Since then the connection has been excellent, but I'm not sure what to do at end of contract - if anything goes wrong with tiscali you are stuck.

Try going to their forums - well you cannot go there anymore as you have to log on as an existing user - they probably don't want to scare people off!

Good luck

spuds 12:02 16 Nov 03

Still trying to connect to Tiscali 'Live Chat'to sales help [8am-9pm daily?]. Doe's this service work,all agents are still busy.Quick response emails-delayed action.

Think I will give them a phone call tomorrow. Not sure whether to use the 0800 195 1991 [sales] or the alternative suggestion 0870 744 9966 [billing]. Don't want to end up, confusing the issue, with two departments involved, especially as I already have a Tiscali/BT-Surftime account.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:16 16 Nov 03

If it is any help I ordered my BB over the Internet. I received about 5 emails detailing the progress to the change. Never needed to speak to humans. :-)))>

apu10 19:06 16 Nov 03

the phones will always be busy !
and there e-mails all seem automated to me so heres the question !

Does any human actually work for Tiscali ???

gold 47 19:48 16 Nov 03

There is another way choose a better ISP.

antoni34 05:23 18 Nov 03

My experience was exactly the same as Gandalf`s !!!
Everything worked perfectly and I had the modem delivered 15 days after signing up.

The only thing you have to watch is that about 4 days before your modem arrives your access package suddenly switches to pay as you go !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…