License Issue

recap 10:55 15 Feb 07

Here at work, we have just bought 4 laptops. We have 20 desktop PC's all running MS Office 2003 (Volume Lincense). Not all these desktops are running at any one time.

The laptops will be used primarily for off site use.

My question is this: can I install Office 2003 on these laptops without infringing the EULA?

Zero G 10:57 15 Feb 07

How many licenses do you have for Office 2003?

ventanas 11:36 15 Feb 07

Hi recap,

A search for Office 2003 EULA brought this

click here

It seems that each one can be installed to two machines providing one is portable. This probably assumes that it is not OEM. Still checking that side.

recap 11:54 15 Feb 07

Zero G, there are 20 licenses in the volume.

ventanas, I wasn't sure whether the two rule applied to volume licensing or not. It's not OEM software.

recap

ventanas 11:59 15 Feb 07

Any of these any help

click here

click here

Belatucadrus 15:12 15 Feb 07

Or if the Office license doesn't work out, you could install OpenOffice click here and set the default save formats to Word, Excel etc. Fully open source, no license issues and no costly visits from FAST.

recap 15:21 15 Feb 07

Thanks I had forgot about OpenOffice of which I do have a disc.

The Brigadier 16:24 15 Feb 07

If all 20 licenses were being used at once then the 21st user could not use it. The best way round it is as others have stated is put on Open Office.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…