LG - Service quality

rowdy 16:11 06 Nov 06

I recently purchased LG 23" LCD Television which failed after a few months use. After a great deal of telephoning it was taken away by LG for inspection and repair.
I am having great difficulty contacting LGE Wales the service arm of LG,only getting automated replies to telephone ' please call later '. emails go unanswered and the usual big company responses from Customer Service in just passng you onto another department.

Has anyone else had this trouble with LG?

Why is a LCD monitor guaranteed for Three years with an onsite swapout policy and Television LCD only One year with lousy service?

rowdy

oresome 19:29 06 Nov 06

Buy from John Lewis and get a 5 year warranty next time.

Did you buy local? If so, present yourself at the counter and put the onus on the retailer to provide customer service.

rowdy 19:44 06 Nov 06

I bought online. All online suppliers I have checked operate the same policy with LG's support. That is, after the first month LG assumes responsibility for all service and warranty claims.

Unless I make a direct claim against the supplier I am referred to LG. At this stage I am reluctant to do this but will if things do not improve.

rowdy

bvw in bristol 23:47 06 Nov 06

click here

Not good news...all being made redundant.

rowdy 16:09 08 Nov 06

I now have the supplier ( Kompletts ) and LG's own Customer Service Department trying to contact the service arm ( LGE Wales ) with apparently no more luck than me todate.

In the December edition of PCA magazine they vote the 17" LCD monitor of LG as a best buy, it has a three yrear onsite warranty. Does that mean they keep it three years on their site whilst repairs are done?

If they are having major troubles then maybe there is copy for PCA in this.

rowdy

rowdy 14:55 22 Nov 06

It is now 7 weeks since the set failed and LG have had the set in their service department for 6 weeks.
It is impossible to contact the service department as you can only get an automated reply to call later.
Komplett the supplier are also finding it impossible to contact LGE - the service department and are actively seeking other ways.

LG's own Customer Care department have given up on their service department. I copy below their final response.

Thank you for your email.

We are very sorry and disappointed to hear that you have not been contacted despite the factory's promise. Unfortunately we have now exhausted the options available to us here at the Helpdesk and would advise you to either keep trying the factory's number 0870 872 1222 or write in a complaint to our Head Office:

LG Electronics U.K. LTD,

Service Department

250 Bath Road,

Slough,

Berkshire

SL1 4DX

Yours Sincerely,
LG Electronics UK Helpdesk
0870 607 5544

Monday - Friday from 9am – 8 pm
Saturdays from 9am - 5pm
Sunday and Bank Holidays from 10am – 4pm

rowdy

spuds 15:50 22 Nov 06

That appears to be a solution, contact the head office. If the product is less than 12 months old, then Komplett (under consumer law) should have resolved the issue. Passing the buck isn't going to solve anything.

rowdy 16:11 22 Nov 06

To give credit where it is due Komplett are trying to resolve the issue and are seeking permission to offer a replacement set.

I will post the fial solution soon, I hope.

rowdy

Stuartli 21:40 22 Nov 06

According to your link (dated August 18th 2006) the closure is an LCD monitor manufacturing plant.

This is the opening paragraph:

"LG Electronics is closing its LCD monitor plant in South Wales with the loss of over 300 jobs."

You are discussing a 23in LCD television (LG has a partnership with Philips).

rowdy 21:47 22 Nov 06

Read the post I did not mention plant closures I am talking about the lack of support in the event of problems with LCD TELEVISIONS by LG

rowdy

vinnyT 13:21 23 Nov 06

I would suggest that you contact your credit card company (assuming you paid by cc), as they also have an obligation.

Check the terms of your credit card, you may be covered by the cc insurance, my ccard covers purchases for 3 months (may be longer now), this may apply in your case.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…