I am considering buying an LG 32LC2DB LCD TV

What are you views on it?

Cheers.

rowdy 19:35 22 Nov 06

read my post below

rowdy

Stuartli 21:33 22 Nov 06

..and what post would that be...:-)

A 32in Toshiba (32WLT66) or Panasonic equivalent have the edge on LG.

I regularly see all three makes, plus Samsung and Sharp, in action at my best mate's independent audio/visual/appliances outlet.

Stuartli 21:42 22 Nov 06

I've pointed out in the link that rowdy mentions:

click here

that it refers to LCD monitors and not LCD televisions.

rowdy 21:42 22 Nov 06

LG - Service Quality

rowdy

rowdy 21:44 22 Nov 06

My post is about LCD televisions and LG service or lack of it

rowdy

snowy30 19:04 24 Nov 06

It's enough to put anyone off buying any of LG's products if their customer service is anything to go by. Buying an LG TV is taking a big gamble...and I not going to risk the kind of problems Rowdy had with his LG TV after only a few months.

Browsing through various websites for the best deals I saw that Computer Shopper gave an award for the 32" LG (32LC2DB).......whereas the Toshiba 32" (32WLT66)had been given six awards, which says a lot.

Stuartli 19:48 24 Nov 06

I'll ask my best mate if he's had any problems with Lucky Goldstar after selling any of their TVs, although as far as I'm aware he hasn't.

It must also be pointed out that Komplett appear to have done all they can so far to resolve the issue.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:23 24 Nov 06

Sony 42" LCDs will be under £700 by Easter ;-))

G

Stuartli 09:45 28 Nov 06

>>I'll ask my best mate if he's had any problems with Lucky Goldstar >>

He tells me he only supplies LG flat screen TVs if specifically ordered by a customer - he personally regards the picture quality as being inferior to, for instance, Toshiba, Samsung and Panasonic.

During a recent visit to the shop he had just taken an LG 40in set out of its packing for checking before delivery after, apparently, being unable to convince the buyer that there were superior buys.

Stuartli 09:46 28 Nov 06

He tells me he now only supplies LG flat screen TVs if....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…