LG L1710B Flat panel display-price query

greigas 09:09 05 Oct 03

I want to buy the above model. In pc advisor top ten the suggested price is £229 ex vat. So off I went to search on the web. The cheapest price I could find is £336 total. A big difference. Anyone else had this problem? Any advice would be gratefully received.

Regards greigas

Sir Radfordin 09:56 05 Oct 03

click here and you'll see that PCA have a price of £304 ex VAT which is £357 with VAT - similar to the prices you've found online.

Doing some quick searches there don't seem to be many places selling this model.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:49 05 Oct 03

click here cheapest that I could find after a hasty search.

DieSse 11:42 05 Oct 03

Prices of TFT displays are going up (more noticeably on 15" models) - due to a current shortage of display panels. My wholesale prices up by over 12% in the last month or so.

rewired 11:54 05 Oct 03

Try Amazon, £339 + modest postage.

rewired 11:55 05 Oct 03

Try Amazon, £339 + modest postage.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:22 05 Oct 03

You may care to have a look in PCW, they are flogging Proview TFT 17" monitors for £227. IMHO they are one of the best on the market.

greigas 21:56 08 Oct 03

Like the look of both, which one is better? Checking the technical spec the relisys has a higher dot pitch - 0.294mm to 0.26mm. What difference will this make? The technical spec is very similar otherwise. Anyone any experience of these flat panels? Any advice appreciated

Inigo 22:25 08 Oct 03

have the 1710B at a good price - £340 inc. They also have it discounted to £315 on their homepage often...

I have one sitting in front of me; it's a lovely moniter. Bit bulky at the back IMO, but then I,m used to my very thin laptop display. Trim is small, it has a little USB hub located on the base which is handy, and it has a convenient pen holder pad on the base too...

It's quite bright (Makes my laptop TFT look dull...), and is at a nice height. I'm using it with the analogue connector, although it also has a DVI plug.

As a side-note, there is also the 1710S which is just analogue. That's available for ~£290 at Microdirect...

Ironman556 22:36 08 Oct 03

Got mine from Anyweb PC's click here, but only because they're local.

You can get them from OCUK click here for about £350.

Ironman556 22:40 08 Oct 03

PS. Anyweb don't list the 1710B on their website, but if you give them a ring they're usually pretty good and will get you a price and the product in for your if they can.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…