Lexmark Inkjet Cartridges

bluto1 20:51 26 May 06

I recently read an article in another magazine about Inkjet Cartridges. The gist of it was that your PC was telling you that your cartridge was empty a little early.
I use a Lexmark X2350 which uses only one cartridge and yes it very quickly tells me my cartridge is empty.
I last put a brand new Lexmark cartridge (No1) into the printer on March 27th and it is still printing photographs. Read into this what you may!

Diodorus Siculus 02:11 27 May 06

Not sure what to read into it. Maybe I'm missing something, but you don't give enough data...

When did it tell you that the cartridge is empty?

How many photos did you print before that? How many since?

bluto1 14:03 27 May 06

Sorry, you`re quite right.

During the first week from new I printed 15 colour photos and in the region of 40 pages of A4 in black. I found that the photos used up nearly a half of the displayed ink, and the remainder of the printing nearly emptied the cartridge. Since then I`ve only printed about 15 sheets of A4 and another 20 colour photos, despite the warnings that the cartridge was empty. From the end of the first week in April I`ve apparently been running on `empty`.
I don`t wish to claim a record for this, just to pass on the information that there`s a lot more ink in the cartridge than we expect.

Diodorus Siculus 16:32 27 May 06

That's good info - I generally run the cartridge till it runs out rather than heed the warnings that HP give me.

It was late last night when I read the thread and I couldn't work it out...

ade.h 16:42 27 May 06

That's a reason why I love my old i-series Canon; when it says that a cartridge is empty, you can see that it really IS dry. It doesn't try to short-change you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…