The lesser of two evils....

kelvar 15:11 08 Feb 06

My 3 1/2 year old pc has gone on the blink. A series of shutting down/seizing up issues led me to take the pc to a local repair shop.

They've identified the Graphics Card as being the issue but only have 2 new cards in stock to 'upgrade'.

The current card was a Geforece 4400TI, I now
have to choose between a GF 5500FX or a Radion 256k 9550.

Both of which are pretty old, if it wasnt for the fact my wife needs the computer I'd probably ask them to order in something more meaty.

As it stands its a choice between these two. I use the computer for gaming (wow/hl2 etc) and will be increasing the ram from 512 to 1GB but short of *!@:ing a coin does anyone here have a suggestion as to which card is better ??

Thanks in advance

Kelvar

rmcqua 15:29 08 Feb 06

What processor do you have?

Arthur Scrimshaw 15:40 08 Feb 06

"ATI Radeon 9550 was released worldwide on May 13th (previously it was only distributed in the Far East). The Radeon 9550 is a lower clocked version of the Radeon 9600, featuring a 250Mhz core and 400Mhz memory clock. The memory interface is 128-bit meaning that its performance is higher than the 64-bit Radeon 9600SE. Benchmark results also show it's performance is higher than it's main competitor, the GeForce FX 5500"

kelvar 16:14 08 Feb 06

rmcqua, an AMD 2200 Athalon.

Arthur, thanks for that, just what I need.

Kelvar

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…