Lenovo Z580 €555 A good buy??

sarainbelgium 13:38 PM 12 Nov 12

Looking to buy a new laptop to replace an old HP. I use it for my work teaching english so a lot of word and excel documents and access to the internet and e-learning platform is important. I use it to play the occasional cd and dvd but never use it for gaming. There is an offer at my local electronic shop for the Lenovo580 and I was wondering if it is a good deal as bargains in Belgium are few and far between. The specifications are: i7 3632Qm processor 2.1 ghz Windows * nVidia GeForce GT630 (GB) 8GBDDR3Ram 1 TB Hdd 15.5 Hd LED screen Wifi N Dolby V4 cardreader HD Webcam DVD r/RE 6 cell Li-on battery Also comes with a €80 cashback voucher for use in store

I don't really know a lot about laptops but this seems to meet my needs and be a good buy. Any advice gratefully appreciated. TIA Sara

Nontek 13:50 PM 12 Nov 12

IMHO it sounds a very good deal!

Forum Editor 17:49 PM 12 Nov 12

This is a nice, solid machine. The word 'solid' will indicate that it's not a computer that you would like to carry around for the day, but if you are not planning to move around with it too much you'll be happy.

It's a well-built computer, and there's plenty of power available when you need it.

If I was you I would get down to shop first thing in the morning, an €80 cashback voucher is a nice little sweetener.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…