Lenovo X61s battery replacement problem

bradley roberts 11:49 07 Nov 14

Have been trying to find a battery replacement for my Lenovo ThinkPad X61s, but the batteries I look on the internet at bear no resemblance to the one in my ThinkPad. My battery (case) is perfectly flat with its outside edge about seven and a half inches wide with no protruding pieces, and just slots in. The reference number on the battery appears to be 92P1164 - but again, the batteries illustrated bear no resemblance. Help

spuds 13:21 07 Nov 14

Looking around on the internet, they all seem to be the same shape and type for the X61s. Here's a selection from the Amazon website click here

bradley roberts 12:04 09 Nov 14

Viewed everything on the internet and none matches the one I have in my IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad X61s - which is perfectly flat, maximum width about seven and a half inches at its outside edge and about three and a half inches at its slot-in point. The only battery which matches mine is supplied by an American company, but the price plus shipping charges makes it uneconomical. I am mystified why I cannot find a replacement in the UK. Perhaps a call to IBM may solve it. Lenovo, it appears have no base in Europe!

spuds 12:28 09 Nov 14

Lenovo, it appears have no base in Europe!

The link I provided seems to have two types of batteries for the model you state. Doesn't either of those compare to the battery you are looking for. If not then use the link below?.

Google is your friend, the contact details where an easy find, perhaps try click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5