legal music download sites

erkmatrix 13:07 26 Mar 04

Does anyone know of a better legal music download site for us in the UK than mycokemusic.com which I think is very limited in choice, went to buy Depeche mode and The White Stripes and it didn't have one album by either.

With all the record companies losing so much in illegal downloads from p2p sites, well surely its simple, ban them sites and shut them down then get a decent site that offers a massive library of music artists and sell albums for say a fiver or £6 and single tracks for 40p (the site would be popular and the music industry would start to make money again, people wouldn't mind to pay a fiver for a album without the packaging) and has the things you are looking for, Keep hearing about itunes which does look better but shame we can't get it in the UK.

Amazon in my eyes should get involved as when I look for a artist on their site it usually has heard of them, I'm into some pretty obscure alternative bands and would like a site to download albums by them and well the white stripes hardly obscure and bands of that much success should be on mycokemusic

Does anyone know of any other sites for buying music in the UK, the HMV site do offer music but well bit silly really as you can only rent it, whoever heard of renting music, I doubt that idea will take off but they do have more choice than mycokemusic.

Phil

Chronos 13:55 26 Mar 04

I go with all that you say, one would think with all the moaning going on about the troops stealing the music, they would go out of their way to get it sorted...or is it cry wolf, they sold more CD's last year than they did the year before...

Good point and I am sure something will be done eventually.

BTW - just had a look at HMV and see that on nearly every page they are offereing Blank CD and DVD media. Surely that is a bit like the organisers of Alcoholics Anon running an off licence?

Stuartli 15:36 26 Mar 04

Your prayers may have been answered already:

click here

I wonder what would be the reaction if PC Advisor or any other computer mag - the same goes for car magazines' road tests etc - started to charge to download reviews of equipment from their websites in order to read them?

You don't have had to buy the magazines to be able to assess the editorial....:-)

Stuartli 15:51 26 Mar 04

Sony has just sent an e-mail out about the faulty links for its exclusive and free download of Delta Goodrem's Throw It All Away track.

Go to click here and search for Delta Goodrem - you can also download the Innocent Eyes album and additional tracks if you wish (presumably for payment).

See:

click here

BIG ben strikes 10 16:49 26 Mar 04

i read the link to the thread the last one.dont worry mate i think delta is a babe!.and her music is good i have the album:incent eyes.sorry spelling is rubbish

erkmatrix 17:22 26 Mar 04

yeah amazon seem the obvious choice to start to offer downloads as they already have such a huge catalogue but hell theres proberly heaps of getting all the tracks into downloads, still hope it happens.

Stuartli 09:45 27 Mar 04

click here ..:-)

I meant, by download, that you could read reviews of products from a website.

Stuartli 15:39 27 Mar 04
  Stuartli 16:04 27 Mar 04

..and here:

click here

ade.h 20:53 27 Mar 04

Have you ever tried click here It's not peer-to-peer and is totally free. It has a pretty good range of music, mostly alternative stuff, but with a wide range of genres. The layout is very user-friendly and links similar artists together. Highly recommended. I've also mentioned this site on this thread click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now