legal? music download site

tarkus 12:24 03 Jan 05

ok i don't want to get into an argument about legal illegal music downloading for this but i subscribe to napster and i tunes but have just come across this site click here is it genuine as it says or is it yet another scam to get you to pay $35 and then give you links to file sharing programs like Kazaa and Bittorrent networks. the website looks very professional and seems to have secure payment options. has anyone used this site or do they know about it

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:52 03 Jan 05

They just give links to downloading KazaaLite etc. Only for the unwary. 'Find Any Song or Movie Fast'...yeah right. 'Access to 12 billion tracks'.....and my brother is World Boxing Champion.

From their T&C...'All software recommendations refer to software that is available without charge to individuals at large for specific purposes'...*ahem*, that would be kazaa/BitTorrent etc.

G

tarkus 13:01 03 Jan 05

Thanks thats what i was thinking but as you say they they are going for the newbies and the unwarey and i have a terrible suspision that they will get loads of them

JIM 13:05 03 Jan 05

AllCoolMusic.com points to this article under there heading. "Are Music & Movie Downloads Legal? - YES!"

Judge states File-swapping tools are legal ?
Published: April 25, 2003, 12:46 PM PDT

Lates't News or what?

From there FAQ

I thought the software was free. Why am I being asked to pay?
The software is free. You are paying for unlimited technical support and so we can run the website. If unsatisfied, for any reason, you can cancel your membership within 30 days for a full refund.
errmmmmm? followed up with.

Okay, I've read the FAQ and I'm convinced. Where to now?

If you are interested in immediate access to download unlimited free music, movies, software, and games > please click below to sign up.

Then there is the Service provided?

THE SERVICE

The fee assessed by AllCoolMusic.com entitles You to "access the location, evaluation", and or recommendation of software products available from the web site and for the installation and technical support provided. All software recommendations refer to software that is available without charge to individuals at large for specific purposes. The service makes no download speed performance guarantees or the availability of specific files for download on the peer to peer network.

ok i give up it's confusing:)

Forum Editor 13:16 03 Jan 05

Avoid .... ... plague.

whisked 14:00 03 Jan 05

These sites are no better than a trickster on Ebay pretending to be selling a product but only selling a link to it instead. :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017