//some 3rd party need geo

Leadtek is a joke

-Beb- 13:44 21 Jun 04

I bought a Leadtek A350 LX (that's an FX 5900) about 6 months ago. Just over a month ago one of the fans became really loud, so I tested the fans separately and one was faulty.

I emailed Leadtek and they told me to post off the heatsink and fans to them to get a replacement.

A month later and I received back my heat sink and fans, and I still have the same problem (although it's only while playing games or running programs like 3dMark). I sent an email back to Leadtek telling them of the problem, and that I didn't want to send it back again as I would have to spend another month without my graphics card.

I receieved a reply the next day saying:
"well this is now know wit h us can you try another bigger powersupply" and no, those aren't my typing errors.

Anyways, I replied telling asking them what PSU they would reccommend, considering that I have used a 465W Enermax, 550W Q-tech and a 480W Tagan.

I received an email back today saying:
"the powersupply isnt indeed youre problem.. maybe in future driver updates from ww.nvidia.com youre problem is solved" and no, those aren't typing errors either. Furthermore, contrary to what the email says, my problem hasn't been solved.

I accept that there are faulty produced. Additionally I wouldn't have minded waiting for a month if the returned product was working either. However, with a company as big as Leadtek, can't they at least afford to hire people that can type English properly and to test goods before replacing them?

By the way, if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can solve my problems I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Beb

Colin 17:22 21 Jun 04

Beb, where did you buy it from? I assume that you contacted them and they told you to contact Leadtek?

-Beb- 17:49 21 Jun 04

Yeh i got it from Overclockers UK. They told me I should contact Leadtek

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…