LCD, Plasma Screen Cleaner

Storik 22:19 17 Aug 07

I usually use a slightly damned cloth to clean my LCD monitor screen, but recently have had difficulty getting rid of my grandson's sticky finger marks.

My husband had bought a screen cleaner for the plasma television - grandson again. I tried it on my LCD screen and it actually works! What is more it claims to leave no streaks, and once again, it does what it claims - no streaks.

So if anyone is having problems with fingermarks etc. on their LCD screen, may I reccommend this spray-on cleaner which comes with a lint free cloth and is made by Philips (is this allowed?) Thing is, I'm tickled pink with the results, especially as it entailed no vigorous rubbing and so I thought I'd share. (Hope I'm not breaking any rules.)

Storic

Storik 22:22 17 Aug 07

The usual method wasn't with a "damned" cloth of course - but a Damp cloth - although it might have felt "damned" as I muttered naughty words when it didn't work! :)

Storic

Stuartli 00:09 18 Aug 07

A slightly damp micro-fibre cloth is ideal for keeping monitors and LCD/plasma screens clean.

A tiny amount of the proper screen cleaning fluid is also permissible.

Just for interest, Morrisons is selling three micro-fibre cloths at three for £2 or 99p individually.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos