lazy boy recliner chairs

sunnystaines 16:28 05 Jul 10

anyone bought any of thesechairs recently have heard the quality standards have fallen badly but looking for a 2nd opinion.

our ones are 12 years old and need replacing but until now have been excellent.

thinking of the california model of lazy boy chairs or the new miami with the inbuilt swivel due out this month..

spuds 00:36 06 Jul 10

Looking for a recliner myself, and eBay seem to have a fairly good supply of well known names, Lazy Boy and Parker Knowles seems popular.

One problem with recliners that I can see, is that most of the foreign brands are vaux leather.

The other thing is that most now seem to be manual, unless you want the heavy mains-battery fully automatics.

sunnystaines 07:53 06 Jul 10

we are looking for fabric cover not leather ones. our lazy boy armchairs are excellent for comfort, used to have multiyork, but now both chairs have faults [one has the lever coming away in your hand when using the legraise, on the other a screw has fallen off underneath but looking underneath the chairs the frameworks has so many possibilities of where its from cannot work it out and as a result the chair is unbalanced and rocks slightly]

been round a few stores and got very mixed opinions from salesmen.

jack 09:17 06 Jul 10

Semms that in medium priced items [up to £1000] most are 'badged items from No1 recliner factory -you know where.
Plumped for Ercol- hand made in England - Costs as bit but you wont regret it.

Fordy 09:22 06 Jul 10

When I retired 7 years ago I bought a Lazy Boy recliner and thought it was fantastic, really comfortable for reading - TV - etc.
After 6 months or so I started to get backache. Within a year I had chronic back pain, needing sticks to walk and on perscription pain killers.
I then tried to think what I had done differently over the previous year. The only thing I came up with was the recliner. So I stopped using it in the reclined position and immediately my back began to improve and within less than 3 months I no longer needed sticks or pain killers and have not needed then since.
I have never used it as a recliner since - so take note, I can't believe that I'm the only one to suffer in this way.

spuds 09:34 06 Jul 10

Funny that you should mention that, because the recliners that I have been following on eBay seem to be fairly new or little used. I was thinking that the previous occupants had passed away, and the item were then surplus to requirements. Never considered that it could make the symptoms worse. Thanks for that header.

Going on the vaux leather recliners, nearly all seemed to suffer from wear and tear, so cloth was the one I was of particular interest to me, plus having animals around made vaux leather a real no-no. Massage chairs also seem to go under the title of recliner, so it appears!.

sunnystaines 09:51 06 Jul 10

Had our recliners nearly 12 years, none of us had any back related problems, comfort is also good too, just worried about some salemen saying products which used to be top quality have now dropped to poor quality. these new models have an electric motor for the leg raise so do not want that packing up or issues with the stitching falling apart.

could this be yet another instance of a factory moving to china and the quality dropping. I remember as a child my parents would never buy anything made in hongkong as it meant poor quality.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac