Lay-flat laptop screen

IClaudio 16:49 30 Nov 09

My partner has had a series of Samsung laptops, which she uses both at clients' offices and also at home. When at home, she hooks it up to a 24" monitor in order to whizz around spreadsheets - she opens the screen to lay flat and tucks it under a stand which holds the monitor.

She is now looking for a new machine, but can't find one whose screen opens flat, they all now seem to open only to 45 or 50 degrees (at least the ones she's looked at, including Dell, the new Samsungs, Acer, HP etc.) - this would obviously obscure some of the 24" screen.

Does anyone know of such a machine?

The alternative is a wireless keyboard, but she'd rather not have more kit than necessary.

Esc4p3 12:35 02 Dec 09

My work Laptop, a Lenovo Thinkpad T60, can lay flat as could my previous T40 - it is reasonable to assume therefore, that other Thinkpads would also lay flat.

IClaudio 14:37 02 Dec 09

Thanks for the reply, wish it had come sooner :)

We ended up with an Acer, s beautiful machine. The screen doesn't lay flat, but we'll live with it!

IClaudio 14:41 02 Dec 09

Should have added:

she went for the Acer 7735z: it's a very similar spec to the Lenovo G550, but with a 17" screen, the graphics card isn't as good, and the OS is Vista (free upgrade to W7 included, but you have to pay £12 postage...) It's about £150 cheaper, though, at £414 on eBuyer.

Esc4p3 16:09 03 Dec 09

Glad you got something that works for you.....the Lenovo's are quite expensive, but as work paid for mine I don't mind!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…