Latest website poll: Your feedback please

PC Advisor. 16:23 30 Sep 03

Hi folks,

It's poll time again. Microsoft Media Center - the software giant's vehicle for dominating our living-rooms (having had a fair stab at our offices and home studies) - is finally with us.

Lionheart? 17:19 30 Sep 03

The arrival Microsoft Media Center PC.

Sorry have not heard or read anything about this.

sdf 17:24 30 Sep 03

the central entertainment hub I think is a fantastic idea with a huge ammount of potential. I however am not sure Microsoft are the people to really dominate the field. I hope the technology will progress and become mainstream and not be detrimentally overhyped like bluetooth. Only time will tell but I intend to follow developments closely

Falkyrn 17:33 30 Sep 03

As has been said the theory is one with immense potential whether Micrsoft are the company to provide the catalyst needed to spark consumer enthusiasm is another thing.

-pops- 18:34 30 Sep 03

Can us "don't know what it is" wallahs be directed somewhere to get information on this revolutionary??????????? concept?

At the time of sending this, 54% of voters claim no knowledge of it.

S5W 19:03 30 Sep 03

Conducted a straw poll within my family, only one of four thought he knew what it was. Perhaps it's an idea before its time :-)

Forum Editor 19:14 30 Sep 03
  -pops- 19:19 30 Sep 03

Thanks, but no thanks!

Thanks for the directions, no thanks for the idea.

I don't want any more of my life to be controlled by Microsoft than it already is!

powerless 19:26 30 Sep 03

I've never tried watching TV on me PC because i have errrr a TV.

I suprised at no upgrade and that you have to buy, well, a new Media Center PC to that version of XP.

No doubt the offerings made by dell, hp etc (i guess) will look superb and deserve a place in the living room. But my TV is there and my PC is here.

Pausing live TV etc is nothing new and well i would not have a use to do that. Might as well set the video on record. (or my dreamable recordable DVD drive)

Give it time to for a version 2 and we'll see what MS have new to show us. Because what it gives us now is what we can get, just not all together, and buying a new PC for that?

Errr... No!

ams4127 19:47 30 Sep 03

I'm with Powerless on this one.

With a 32" digital TV, complete with seperate Sony surround sound, sitting in the front room why on earth would I want to watch TV on a monitor? And spill the beer on the keyboard!

Not for me.

zaach 20:02 30 Sep 03

I am another keep TV and my box separate individual. At moment my wife is watching Eastenders, which I cannot stand, so have escaped to my computer in another room.

I have no wish to have my monitor cluttered with TV, thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…