laser recommendation

SWJ 13:57 26 Mar 03

I need a new printer for SO/HO use..
As quality, speed and usage cost is key I have decided that a laser printer would be a good choice. Having used an HP 4 and 4M in the past this would fit the bill.. but these are now not made new - but can be picked up as refurbs for about £70. However, I recently seen a Samsung ML4500 on dabs and ebuyer @ £69 new.. it also is a 600 dpi laser..

so my question is - does anyone have any experience with this samsung and what would your recommendation be. I know the HP is a good office workhorse - would the samsung be up to the job ?

Thnx

SWJ

€dstow 15:01 26 Mar 03

I have several ML1210s which is a similar Samsung model and several forum members have the ML4500. I have to say that mine are some of the best general use printers I have had. They work and work without complaint, seldom need new toner and generally they are very good print quality - certainly good enough to create the right impression with business letters.

At the price these printers are, you can't really go wrong and when you take into account the savings in ink/toner, they work out a very considerably cheaper than any inkjet.

€d

Tenner 15:16 26 Mar 03

Try Search at the top of page OR click here

These might convince you

Regards

Ghetto SupaSTAR 03:31 27 Mar 03

I bought this printer for £67.50 inc VAT only three months ago...

For value for money, it is an excellent printer. Text is sharp and crisp, however, graphics are not very well defined, even at 600 dpi and with toner save function off. In my opinion, I would go for the HP LaserJet, but the only reason I didn't was that I was getting a laser printer at a bargain price.

You might be better off getting the latest Samsung IZZI 2 laser printer which has a USB connection and 8 MB cache RAM. This printer uses HP PCL6 which is far superior to the proprietory page description language used in the ML4500.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…