laptopshop.co.uk, anyone used them??

Viv-208691 14:33 13 Nov 04

Hi there, Ive found a particularly good deal on a Sony laptop Im interested in at click here Has anyone bought from them befora and if so good/bad service??

Stuartli 15:28 13 Nov 04

No, but have used click here which is based in my area of the country and does new and pre-used laptops, along with accessories, spares and repairs.

My daughter obtained her year-old Toshiba Satellite from them at half the original price and with the balance of the three-year warranty.

About a year after buying it, the screen died the death and Toshiba met the £600 cost of repairs and screen replacement without quibble.

Viv-208691 15:36 13 Nov 04

ok, thanks but i want a specific model from that website. cheers for your help though.

Anyone used click here

Viv-208691 15:36 13 Nov 04

ok, thanks but i want a specific model from that website. cheers for your help though.

Anyone used click here

Chris the Ancient 21:04 13 Nov 04

Yup. I used them about a year ago and I found them dead helpful.

I ordered just before Christmas because I wanted to take my 'new' 2nd hand ThinkPad on holiday. I got it in 24 hours.

The battery died (fortunately before I left), so I phoned up, explained what was happening with it and my desperate need to get back up and running before heading off to a sunnier climate for a couple of weeks.

After a bit of discussion with the service department, and describing all the symptoms, they agreed that the battery did seem to have gone down. Normally, they said, I should send the battery back, they would check it. And if faulty they would send a replacement. But, as I had only just got the lappie, they would send me a replacement battery and I could send the old one back "when convenient".

The replacement battery arrived by datapost the following morning. And I sent the dead 'un back by return. I also phoned up to thank them for the service. They seemed to think that what they had done was quite normal!

So...

I got good service from laptopshop!

HTH

CtA

Viv-208691 23:25 13 Nov 04

Ok, great, I will take your advice and order on Monday!!

Any more feedback would be great.

Cheers now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…