laptopsdirect (? )

jarani 15:25 25 Jul 07

I want to buy from this company online a toshiba laptop - good price ! - anyone with experience good/bad/indifferent please - regards - jarani

holme 16:23 25 Jul 07

Bought a monitor from them in Feb 2007. Paid for next working day delivery. Ordered mid-afternoon, delivered before mid-day next day. You can't ask for more than that. Charged 0.95% surcharge for credit card (as advised) but still cheapest. HTH.

Al94 16:47 25 Jul 07

A friend of mine bought an Acer from them last year - all good, no problems.

Why wont it work 16:54 25 Jul 07

One of my laptops came from them. Both the service and price excellent! You shouldn't go wrong with them.

jarani 18:01 25 Jul 07

thanks guys - it is good to have your views - some of the views expressed elsewhere were not very good - that's why I asked the question - jarani

Chris the Ancient 18:05 25 Jul 07

Bought a laptop off them about three years ago. It was quite an old IBM Thinkpad - but that was all I could afford at the time.

Great service. Mine was second-user and still had a warranty from laptopsdirect - which, theoretically, wasn't supposed to cover the battery. Needless to say, the battery failed in a couple of weeks. Phoned them and they suggested discharge and recharge reforming and I told them that I had tried that already, with no success; and they accepted that. They put another in the post, 1st class recorded which I received the next day and a request to just send the old one back when I had a moment (which I did).

Me? Happy bunny with them!

BTW, that lappie has been superseded with a new novatech one; but as soon as I have a few moments to spare, I shall replace the CMOS battery in the old Thinkpad and pass it on to a deserving charity - or similar.

johnem 23:26 29 Jul 07

Bought a Toshiba laptop from them in September 2005. It arrived on the day promised and the helpdesk were most helpful with a small setup problem that I had created.

Taff™ 06:49 30 Jul 07

Another good company to deal with Jarani - I`ve recommended them to several people and use them myself. Like your enquiry about CCL in a previous post, they normally deliver via City Link and next day without opting for the guaranteed next day delivery.

jarani 20:51 30 Jul 07

I ordered from CCL who provided an excellent service with a good trace throughout - I was not so happy with laptopsdirect after talking to their sales staff - jarani

Star_Buyer 13:44 13 Sep 07

I have used LaptopsDirect for many years now and they are superb. The price and service is really good - what more can you ask for? I live in Huddersfield and they are just down the road from me in a huge warehouse facility and loads of buzzing staff.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…