Laptops from the little guys

xdfbgxdyb2 22:17 06 Jan 03
  xdfbgxdyb2 22:17 06 Jan 03

I am looking for a new mid-to high end laptop - a light (2-5-3Kg) desktop replacement with the usual I/O and WiFi (eg Hi-Grade 5400, Rock Xeno etc etc - there are pleny of others). I'd like to get one from the smaller - preferably UK - companies companies if I can rather than the big boys.

But the independents might be winning PCA top 10 slots for performance but from what I have seen (admittedly from a small sample size) the build quality is dodgy - springy keyboards, shaky screens, wobbly CD slots etc etc. Is this the price you pay for the cheap deals? Or have I missed some

Lú-tzé 08:47 07 Jan 03

Have a look at Multivision's range of laptops - they get good reviews and are good quality builds.

Magik™ 09:28 07 Jan 03

whatever you buy someone will say this is not right or that could be better, when these things are road tested they have to make up some sort of story to fill the article..same with all consumer products, to drift a bit, they did a road test of the latest merc s-class, and you get things like, almost perfect, but we think the ashtray could have been put half an inch to the left, and the door handles half an inch higher.....anyway back to the point, you will not go far wrong with Rock.

rickf 13:11 07 Jan 03

Novatech has a good range at keen prices

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…