Laptops with integral media card readers

markcellis 22:13 28 Dec 06

Does anybody know of a sub £500 laptop which has preferably an integral XD media card reader? Also looking for minimum 1G RAM and 80G hard drive. I'd be grateful if anyone could advise. Thanks

Spencer. 22:41 28 Dec 06

Advent PCworld.

Taff™ 09:48 29 Dec 06

click here 17" Acer 120GB HDD but the extra memory will cost you about £60 or click here 14" Screen 60Gb HDD and even with the doubling memory well within your budget.

markcellis 12:20 29 Dec 06

Thanks Taff - 17" looks good,
Spencer - have you any more details on the Advent PC World offer? which model? I've looked at PC World already but didn't see an Advent that seemed to fit the bill.

Cheers .. Mark

Taff™ 13:29 29 Dec 06

17" is good. I set one up for a mate before Christmas. It`s big! 3.7 KG and will need a large carry case. It has a full keyboard including a numeric keypad. Picture quality is good but speakers could do with some more volume. Note that it also has a free upgrade to Windows Vista although the onboard graphics won`t display the full 3D Aero experience. (I think we can live without that!) 2.5 hours battery life is also pretty accurate.

markcellis 13:53 29 Dec 06

Hi Taff - thanks for the info - I've ordered one!
Not bothered by the chunkiness as it won't leave the house very often. Vista is a long way off for me so I'll worry about 3D Aero another time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…