Laptop v Desktop

VNAM75 22:14 23 Jul 09

I got a new laptop today - core 2 duo 1.8ghz, 2gb ram, vista home premium, glossy screen. It was not for me, I ordered it and helped connect it to the internet for someone.

But after using it, I much preferred my desktop, it felt faster and the monitor screen is just more pleasant to look at. Are these glossy laptop screens really superior/preferable to normal screens? Personally I'd much prefer my monitor screen type on a laptop if I had the choice - a 20" samsung tft. My processor is only a single core amd 3800, 2.4ghz but it handles everything perfectly apart from top end games. But the laptop did have loads of preinsatlled HP software - most of it not really needed, not that it should affect performance too much because no other software has been installed.

birdface 23:34 23 Jul 09

Desktop for me.I find laptops a bit of a nightmare.And cannot get used to the Touchpads.Would be alright as a second computer I suppose,Save me from climbing the stairs all of the time.

Si_L 01:06 24 Jul 09

I find the viewing angles better on a glossy laptop screen, and in sunlight they are better, but in any other condition the normal 'matte' screens are far nicer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5