Laptop for a student

hazelnut 18:43 08 Sep 03

Can anyone recommend a laptop for a student to use around £500. Basic office , plenty memory, cd rom & re-write. Websites to visit would be appreciated.

soy 19:20 08 Sep 03

Tick PC: click here

Euro PC: click here

Cheap Computers online: click here

Morgan: click here

UK Student Laptops: click here

Budget Computer systems: click here

This is all I can find. Hope it helps.

Brian-336451 19:27 08 Sep 03

Try them, they have a lot of factory refurbished 'yesterday's machines' at most reasonable prices with guarantees etc.

SheffieldSpy 08:25 09 Sep 03

Try click here They have a factory outlet page. I have seen a Celeron 1.7, 256MB memory, 20GB HDD and 8xDVD. The page says there may be some minor marks found on the laptop. It may not have an operating system. It is £528.75 inc VAT

-pops- 09:32 09 Sep 03

Don't know anything about laptops but you mention you want "basic office".

Well, you can download Open Office from click here which will give you loads of facilities, is completely compatible with the M$ office products and it is entirely FREE!!!!!

The one problem is that it is 32MB+ so find someone with a broadband connection )if you don't have one yourself) and download to CD.

There is nothing "dodgy" about Open Office. It is created by Bill Gates arch enemy, Mr Sun of Java fame.

hazelnut 14:35 09 Sep 03

Thank you to everyone who replied. I feel sure that I will be able to find one to suit from your info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…