Laptop Specs

Curio 15:41 01 Jun 08

Am in the market for a Vista Home Premium SP1 Laptop. Thought I had found an ideal candidate in the Samsung R700 but nowhere in the specs was the OS named as including SP1 so it has been discarded. Has anyone seen any new computer currently for sale to comply? Or am I being a bit previous?

GaT7 16:30 01 Jun 08

Looks like your budget's around the £500-600 mark, & you need a 17" screen.

There are some Dells that fall into that budget with Vista SP1 included (other OS options also available)

Vostro 1710 click here, click here & click here

Go through Quidco click here, or similar cashback site, to get some money back. G

sean-278262 18:11 01 Jun 08

You could always open your options and slipstream the service pack into a windows disk you create using vlite.

click here

That opens more options just to get a Vista running laptop. For your budget consider Asus laptops, I have one and compared to any previous laptops I have had it works a treat. I paid £800 for mine however if you can post more specifics of what you are after it would be helpful for us to make more suggestions.

A

Curio 22:17 01 Jun 08

Thanks for the info. Will investigate further. Would prefer to have SP1 already in the system OS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…