laptop returned 56 days later work not done damage

Muminski 13:36 18 Jan 11

In November, my laptop was sent away to Techguys as it was overheating. (There was also a loose key and a query concerning a feature on the keyboard that disappeared after a previous replacement of the keyboard. It was after the first repair that the keyboard returned with a loose key. (they were informed of this)).After many phonecalls and promises that it would be delivered it was finally returned today (56 days later)The key was now missing and slight damage on the corner of the computer. I did not sign for this and returned it immediately with the courier. Once again i have called Tech guys and spoke to a 'Team Leader' who says that there is nothing they can do as it is cosmetic damage and doesn't come under the cover. This damage he assures me is impossible in their care. My computer was not damaged when it left me in November. I dont understand why it has taken 56 days to tell me this. The computer was not damaged when it left me and even thought the key was loose it was still with the laptop. At the moment I am awaiting a call from the team leaders supervisor. Where do I stand?

961 13:49 18 Jan 11

When did you buy it and how did you pay?

What warranty did you get/buy?

Muminski 16:35 18 Jan 11

I bought the Laptop November 2009, the laptop was returned a couple of days before the year warranty that came with it ran out. I think it was about £400.

961 16:48 18 Jan 11

I'd be inclined to write complaining to chief exec of DSG politely explaining what has happened and asking for him to look into what has happened

Do not involve in chit chat over the phone with members of staff

I take it DSG has the laptop at this time. Leave it like that till you get a reply

Keep copies of all correspondence, e-mails etc

[email protected]

John Browett Esq
Chief Executive
DSG Retail Ltd
Maylands Ave
Hemel Hempstead
HP2 7TE

bjh 17:15 18 Jan 11

Good advice from 961. If they are being that unhelpful, the written word is better than the spoken word. Make notes of what has been said by whom and when, none the less.

A missing key is surely NOT cosmetic. It is a functional necessity. Do yopu, perchance have evidence they were informed of the loose key after the first repair? Email? Date? Who you spoke to?

... and I realise it may not help you, but can I encourage ANYONE sending a computer or anything off for return to take a few digital pictures.

This is especially valuable when told something was sent in with cosmetic damage. Take pictures of the wrapping and even the label in case "they" say you must have sent it to the wrong address.

bjh 17:17 18 Jan 11

Oh, meant to add, isn't there a 60 day deadline for all repairs from DSG, and if they are forced to accept that it was returned unfit for use, what are your rights? Someone with more knowledge of DSG is sure to know that!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…