Laptop required for £500- 600 Max?

Scillonia 15:06 04 Dec 04

Hi All.
I am looking for a laptop as a present for a couple of friends involved in amateur underwater archeology, voluntary work and presentations. It would be used mainly for office applications and power point presentations.
Dell Inspiron 1150, going for £561.00 incl. vat and delivery? Can anyone suggest anything else? Thanks in advance, Gary

Diodorus Siculus 15:51 04 Dec 04

Novatech Online Laptops
click here

Scillonia 17:30 04 Dec 04

Thanks. Can their customer care be recommended as my friends live in a rather remote place and would need support by phone or email as not many shops available if things should go wrong?

Stuartli 17:57 04 Dec 04

Have a look at click here which sells both new and pre-used laptops, plus a wide range of accessories, spare parts and undertakes repairs.

A nearly new laptop can cost much less than the new price.

mikef. 18:06 04 Dec 04

Novatech have both email and phone support and they have good support.

Diodorus Siculus 18:45 04 Dec 04

I can personally vouch for the quality of novatech support - both technical and aftersales (returns / queries) are excellent.

Diodorus Siculus 18:45 04 Dec 04

I can personally vouch for the quality of novatech support - both technical and aftersales (returns / queries) are excellent.

Arthur Scrimshaw 20:10 04 Dec 04

Novatech won 'online vendor of the year 2004' from PCpro if that means anything? (apart from the awful Americanism 'vendor')

Scillonia 21:34 04 Dec 04

Thanks to all, still investigating offers, I am on dial up so it takes time

Stuartli 10:06 05 Dec 04

I've seen a Toshiba Satellite laptop advertised for £593 including VAT in the last day or so but, as I read a number of newspapers, I've haven't been able to find it again...:-(

My daughter has a Satellite (bought pre-used from the link mentioned above) for the past two years and it has proved a great buy.

Comet has an Acer at £599.99:

click here

There are four others under the £600 mark:

click here

Stuartli 10:11 05 Dec 04

This is probably the Toshiba link (2.8MHz Celeron):

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…