Laptop purchase help needed

Lil-Miss-CM 18:36 30 Dec 08

I currently have a 3 year old Dell Inspiron 1300. Standard Spec, except I upgraded the Memory from 512 to 1Mb. I think its coming to the end of its life, so have been looking at getting a new one.

I was looking at the Dell Inspiron 1525 (simply because my friend has one and I like it!) but have just been offered a Dell Inspiron 1520 by a friend thats just been bought a new one. Its 7 months old, and as far as I know has the standard spec it came with. He wants £250 for it, which I thought was quite good.

I'm not that great when it comes to knowing anything about computers, so desperately need some help!
Am I better off waiting til I can afford the 1525, or is the 1520 quite a good deal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:50 30 Dec 08

New 1525's are about £350, check the Dell site. If it was my friend I would be expecting a price of £200 max. Laptops are coming down in price so I would wait until I had enough loot to buy a good'un.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…