Laptop pricing

Tribal-Wolf 14:41 03 Jul 05

I was looking into buying a new laptop and decided on Acer Aspire 5021WLMi.
After checking on kelkoo etc for prices I found that it listed it cheapest in Comet store so I thought well I will get one from Comet online.
I phoned the store and asked for confirmation that everything was as should be still looking at my PC screen I noticed the spec was different.
On all other online store it listed a different graphics card and a larger hard drive than Comet did, so I asked if it was correct on their site. At first I was told no it would be an error on there site and that it would be the same spec as everywhere else. I asked if they could make sure as i didnt want to order it then find out when I got it there was a difference. I was then told that their spec was made solely for Comet and what was printed online is the correct soec at their store.
How can they do this as the laptop model number is exactly the same and there is no mention of it being exclusive to comet.
I am a bit annoyed at this as on paper it looks like a bargain but at lesser spec it is not so much the case.

Belatucadrus 19:49 03 Jul 05

click here It seems that Acer allocate the number and that for some reason there's a secondary code to separate the variants. Whoever set the naming protocols should have a rethink, it's definitely confusing.

Tribal-Wolf 08:49 04 Jul 05

Yeah its very misleading when you see the comparison on kelkoo it gives the high spec in the list. The graphics card is still different to comets spec on the acer site tho.....sigh.
Ah well I guess its either get the lower spec or pay £100 more then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…