Laptop - no hurry

negri 19:26 24 Nov 08

I am looking for a laptop - not for serious gaming (Xbox360 takes care of that) but I do want a one that is good for media (DVDs etc) and one that can easily play Football Manager without any delays. I am addicted.

I will probably purchase post Christmas but if anyone has a good idea at the moment I can buy now. Thanks for any help.

curofone 20:03 24 Nov 08

what is your budget?

negri 09:13 25 Nov 08

Probably maximum £600

curofone 13:53 25 Nov 08

Well for upto £600 should be able to find you a pretty good machine, it probably will not be able to run any of the new games at great graphics settings but like you said you are not intrested in that.

Any ideas of what screen size you want? becuase if you actually use your laptop as a laptop i assume you dont want anything bigger than 15.4"

although if you can get a this hp which can play all the modern games fine for £630 at the moment. click here I know the price says more but there is play voucher for 5% of everything at the moment going around and hp will give you £100 back if you buy during november

negri 14:02 25 Nov 08

Looks nice. If I can I would like to keep the price down a bit more and a 15.4" would be better because I work away a lot so the laptop will be moving around quite a bit.

curofone 14:07 25 Nov 08

ok thats cool was just showing you want you can get if you prepared to pay slightly more, I am sure that we can easily find you a machine that can do what you want for the price

curofone 14:15 25 Nov 08

what about this click here is very good for the price, can easily play football manager also i am not sure but you might be able to claim that 3 year free extended warranty from hp that can be here click here you would have to double check model numbers and terms etc

negri 14:29 25 Nov 08

Another one I like. More in the price range I was hoping for. What do you think this would be like media wise? Watching film etc.

Also I am a bit confused by the 3 year free warranty you mentioned. Is that an occasional thing on that link because all the ones at the moment seem to have a fee at the moment.

curofone 14:36 25 Nov 08

It will easily cope with watching, it a wide screen so proper aspect ration and is vista home premium so comes with media centre if you use that.

as for the offer hp seem to do monthly rebate offers so basically you buy the product off them and you fill in an online form then they send you the cash back, i think in this case the warranty is £38+vat so comes to £44 but the only send you £38 back as this is offically from there business range so they assume you will claiming the vat back i guess.

Like i said before i have checked out the model numbers etc so i could be wrong on this offer but i am sure a quick phone call to hp would solve that and if i am right a 3 year warranty for £6 is not half bad

curofone 14:42 25 Nov 08

that is meant to say i have not checked out the model numbers

negri 14:51 25 Nov 08

OK. I will give them a phone and see what they say. Any other suggestions from anyone? I do like the look of this one though.

I must admit I was hovering around the Dell outlet looking at the XPS range but to get up to 4GB memory I think would be out of my price range.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…