Laptop mains unit repair

xquest 20:19 10 Jul 05

My friend has a 1993 'Notebook 486 Professional' laptop with a mains power supply unit Model 'ESP-5020'.
The wires into the plug which goes in to the laptop from the supply unit have burnt through - inside the plug, which has therefore fallen off. The plug itself is moulded and doesn't appear to come to bits. Can anyone suggest where I might find a plug, and also which wire (there are 3) goes on which pin ?
A modern universal power unit (240V: 20V/2.4A) would be OK but the plug would not fit.
(the plug looks a bit like a DIN plug with 1 thin pin and 2 thicker pins).
I could put photos of the plug on my web site if required.
Any advice gratefully received
xquest.

spuds 21:04 10 Jul 05
  spuds 10:45 11 Jul 05

Further to the above, a visit to one of the many Maplin's stores may pay dividends click here They have all sorts of weird and wonderful electrical/electronic components.

terryr48 18:23 11 Jul 05

Try here click here I have always found them helpful

BT 09:45 13 Jul 05

We got a replacement for my wife's Acer Laptop from Maplins for £24.95 as against £69.95 for a genuine one. Its also multi-voltage so could be used for a different machine if needed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…