Laptop and the internet

ayrmail 22:46 16 Jun 05

Have a GPRS/Bluetooth enabled phone, going to buy a laptop, want to send emails, pdf, jpegs and browse the web a little. Do I buy a data card (£99-£200) and sign up to a provider for £20-£50 or buy a cable and pay as you go for about £3 per MB or sign up as before.
It appears expensive.
Which provider?
Or is there another way?

TomJerry 11:15 17 Jun 05

if your mobile phone has build-in modem (many of them have), you can connect laptop to mobile and dial a normal isp (same as landline), if you can find a isp with No-0845 number (someone said, tesco has), you can use your mobile free minutes. The connection speed is slow 9.6kbps, but it is an option.

If your phone and lappy have infra-red, connection is easy. Otherwise, you can buy a bluetooth adaptor for your lappy (it costs as low as £10).

Wi-Fi hotspot or landline is better option if you can find.

ayrmail 12:03 17 Jun 05

TomJerry

Who do you pay to use a hotspot?

TomJerry 12:28 17 Jun 05

BT or Starbuck

Dipso 13:37 17 Jun 05

Have a at this click here

ayrmail 19:27 17 Jun 05

TomJerry and Dipso thanks very much, with the information on that link I should be able to do all I want and without shelling out for something I will only use for the next few months then not for a while so thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…