Laptop with Intel Celeron M 430 1.73 GHz

VNAM75 22:03 09 Jun 07

Been looking at this laptop:

click here

Will be using it for most things apart from high end tasks eg. gaming, video editing etc. I was wondering if the celeron processor would be adequate for this.

My PC is an AMD3800 single core. Which is more powerful/how does it compare to the laptop for performance? Looking to connect them via a wireless router to share files and broadband.

Quiet Life 22:31 09 Jun 07

I think thay you will find it woefully slow running Vista on this spec. It seems that it would run XP ok and a lot of people with similar specs are changing to XP. With only 512mb menory it would fair badly in the Vista upgrade adviser on memory and graphics. Toshba quality is first class but the price reflects the performance.

VNAM75 22:42 09 Jun 07

OK, thanks for that - didn't think about the OS. I think I will have to spend a bit more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…