laptop computers

northender2 16:04 18 May 03

i am looking for a laptop computer to take to university, which models do you suggest and where is the best place to buy from?

powerless 16:24 18 May 03

Budget?

Djohn 16:27 18 May 03

without knowing your requirements, budget! I have very Little experience of Laptops, only the one bought by my Son from PC World, (Compaq pres. 2562). this developed a fault after 10 weeks and we popped back into the store, it was changed for a new one imediatly.

2.8 CPU/60g. hard drive, 64meg. graphics card. If you go to the web site you will see the model there with full specs. Although it comes with a restore Disk, (Like most PC's do now) it also has a full XP home CD and all programs on separate CD's as well.

We have been playing around with it for the past couple of days, and it's extremely fast both on booting and playing games/watching DVD's, all with excellent display quality.

I have a good desktop system, but would have no worries at all in re-placing it for this particular Laptop.

One advantage of buying from the above store, buy at your home address and if a fault does develop, pop into the nearest branch for repair or exchange. No waiting for days or weeks and the hassle of sending back by courier. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…