Laptop casing temperatures

John_Tebbs 14:49 16 Apr 03

I have recently purchased a laptop from Evesham and found the case temperature to be very hot. I measured the wrist rest at 40.6 degrees C and underneath the laptop at 49.5 degrees C.

I suspected that the laptop was faulty and returned it. I checked a number of laptops and found wide variations in case temperatures at different points on the surface dependng on intensity of use and position of internal components. None were as high as 49.5 degrees.
It is certainly an ergonomic factor when purchasing laptops.

Is there a standard for case temperatures for laptops and computers? I understand that industrial equipment has a limit of 45 degrees C but this is for occassional touch. A laptop is quite different as the wrist or lap has permanent contact with the case and it would be expected to be much lower blood heat of 35 - 36 degrees.

Any information would be appreciated as a I have a claim against Evesham.

As I am a independent one man business Evesham rightly point out that I am not covered by the Consumer Protection Act and cannot return goods within 7 days. This puts small businesses at a disadvantage. Presumably we are within our rights to return goods if faulty and expect a refund.

Best Wishes
John Tebbs 01773 764726

John_Tebbs 20:06 17 Apr 03

One off problem now resolved by Evesham - Thanks

I have to say Think yourself Lucky...Very Very Lucky....

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…