Laptop Batteries - Warning

Stewartformby 10:17 AM 24 May 11

I have been reading your magazine since issue No. 1.

I ordered a replacement battery for my laptop online from "replacement-laptop-battery.co.uk" at a cost of £60.57 paid on my Mastercard on 11/12/2010.

Unfortunatly, I did not notice that there was no address shown on the webpage.

When the battery arrived it was the wrong size and would not fit my laptop.

I emailed the company and was told to return it to China when the correct battery would be sent out. I did this at a cost of £7.97 on 13/01/2011.

When the second battery arrived it fitted but I could not open the lid/screen of the laptop.

I emailed the company again and was told to return it to China and I would be given a refund. This I did on 28/03/2011. The company involved now claim I damaged the battery but as was unable to open the lid/screen of my laptop I was unable to reach the on/off button to swiutch it on.

I have been trying since to obtain a refund of my total outlay of £76.51. I have now receives a refund of only £49.36.

Somehow "Paypal" have become involved and to begin with then sent me emails in Chinese !!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED