Laptop advise - full details inside

loopzorbital 21:10 17 Apr 09

I'm looking to replace my old and tired Inspiron 8600. I mainly use my lapstop for the following

website work

music composing (reason / albeton live)

light game playing - nothing too intense like cod4 or anything like that (although i do play lord of the rings online)

The laptop has to have a big(ish) widescreen. Nothing small and i dont care if i'm carrying a lead weight! :) Memory is always a good thing so min 3 gig and i'm more geared towards nvidia although you can always change my mind :)

That's about it really. All the other things are just plain net browsing and activities that dont use much processor power.

I'm not too bothered about BlueRay so will happily sacrifice that so i can have an all singing DVD burner! (maybe DL).

I was looking at Sony Vaio's at one point but thought i would ask here as i would be interested in your views :)

please ask me any questions that might help you decide on your recommendations.

around 800-900 quid i think. But if its more 700-800 i will be a lot more popular with the other half! lol

Cheers :)
Steve

wjrt 22:03 17 Apr 09

click here

and other half even happier

loopzorbital 22:41 17 Apr 09

thanks but i know i could build my own Dell :) i dont really want to do that. I'm after advise on existing built laptops out there.

rdave13 00:50 18 Apr 09

A well recommended PC supplier on these forums ;click here . Cougar Extreme has laptops so maybe a browse there. Thinking of a new Windows 7 Desktop in the near future and keeping my sights on them and trying to think of a reasonable excuse, to my better half, that we'll need a new machine.....

rdave13 00:59 18 Apr 09

Just checked, a poor range of laptops, sorry.
Have a look at the 'budget range' here; click here

Border View 10:59 18 Apr 09

Impressive Acer on QVC today. click here

felbridgeflyer 16:12 18 Apr 09

Just bought one of these click here after reading excellent reviews. A well specified beauty and a joy to use. There is also an 18" version available.

user8 17:41 18 Apr 09

Toshiba @ click here
1st class customer service & support.

Dell are under spec for price!

loopzorbital 23:34 18 Apr 09

yeah that qvc offer is quite appealing. thanks for all the replies :)

good luck with the better half Rdave13 :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…