Laptop advise

Bike-it 16:09 15 Oct 06

Looking to buy a laptop with Intel Centrino Mobile Technology for my duaghter who has just started university, where can i get the best value, seen the laptop PC world were advertising on TV which was refurbished, went to the local store to buy one and they were sold out, and they are not comming back.

Totally-braindead 16:22 15 Oct 06

You could have a look here click here do read carefully though they do do refurbished as well as new ones also click here and perhaps click here as well as click here just some ideas to get you started.

Jimmy14 16:26 15 Oct 06

any particular budget and apart from Centrino technology are there any specific requirments?

Bike-it 16:40 15 Oct 06

I would like something under £450.00 with 512mb ram 60gb HD, not sure what else as i dont really know a lot about laptops, i dont mind a refurbished one but it must be like new.

Totally-braindead 16:43 15 Oct 06

Morgans do a few nice ones. Personally I wouldn't buy a refurbished laptop. You don't know how much use they have had and the warranty is normally 3 or 6 months. I'd rather spend a bit more and get the full years warranty.

I can't advise on laptops myself I could only provide the links as I don't know much about them but I'm sure some of the others will advise.

wjrt 19:30 15 Oct 06

click here

seems good but check out their other laptops as well they seem to offer good value at the cheaper market

Jimmy14 19:43 15 Oct 06

Ok. "wjrt" I think Bike-it is looking for laptops under £450 and maybe an extra £50 is too much?
I know you require one with Centrino Technology but AMD's Mobile Turion processor is the equivelant to Centrino and the one I'm recommending has a 1.8Ghz chip, your requested 512mb RAM, 80Gb HDD (20Gb over your requirments) and 64mb Shared Graphics which would be fine for normal Home Office, Photo Editing Applications all for an Excellent £399,
click here

James

utdred 20:13 15 Oct 06

try here, i buy from them a lot, excellent service standards:

buyit247.net

ive seen two you may like, one is for £449, the other (below) is a what laptop gold award winner for £499:

Fujitsu Siemens AMILO M6450G Laptop
Intel Pentium M735A Processor 1.7GHz (2MB cache)
512MB Memory
80GB hard disk
Integrated DVD-DUAL RW
Intel 900 Graphics upto 128MB Memory
Wireless LAN G standard Module
56K Modem, Firewire port
4 USB Ports, PCMCIA Card slot
4 in 1 Multimedia Card Reader
16-bit On-board stereo sound
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (pre-installed) operating system
14" CrystalView WXGA 1280x768 TFT Screen
6 month Fujitsu collect and return warranty.

ive bought three pc's and a laptop, only had one problem with one pc system, phoned up, they had no quibbles and it was sorted in days! top notch service

Totally-braindead 20:18 15 Oct 06

If the laptop that utdred only comes with a 6 month warranty then it cannot be new, it must be refurbished or graded or second hand.
Not complaining just pointing it out.

Stuartli 20:23 15 Oct 06

Some excellent new and pre-used Dell, HP etc here:

click here

utdred 20:28 15 Oct 06

Yes, thats absolutely correct. they sell as a concept they term 'grade 2'. as they refurb fujitsu siemens laptops and pc's back to the manufacturers exact specification and as good as brand new quality!

i did a bit of research before i used them, their site provides a lot of info about 'what is grade 2'. the main benefit though are considerably attractive prices.

i was sceptical about quality at first, as I used to only buy brand new, but the quality of my first 2 purchases eradicated this from my mind all together. no issues as at all for me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…