laptop advice with upto £1300-ish! to spend

Stuart P 18:32 06 Mar 05

i am thinking of spending hard-earned cash upto £1300 on a laptop & have seen & read about the following that have caught my eye over the last 2 weeks -

Sony VGN-A317M £ 1350 inc vat (interested because its a vaio!)

Watford Aries Precision 1003 £1,174.99 inc vat (particualry interested as can be configured when buying & a lot of their products seem to be getting v.good reviews)

Hi Grade Notino C7000-1800 £1173.83 inc vat (price includes windows media centre)

rockdirect Quaddra DTS £1173.83 Incl VAT

i see these machines have either a 128MB ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 Graphics (or a ATI MOBILITY RADEON™ X600 with 128 MB in the case of the Sony Vaio)
whats the better of these 2 graphics cards?

though not primarily for gaming, i will want to play games on the machine so would like some sort of buffer in terms of future game releases being run with some sort of decent performance i have a variety of games from yrs ago, my fav being ms flight sim 2004 which is a sod to run on my current offering, so the ability to play that to its fullest would be a dream

cheers

stuart

ps anyone know of any other forums that would be useful for getting feedback? its a large amount of cash i'm about to use so want to use it wisely

wjrt 21:46 06 Mar 05

search Google for Fujitsu Amilo A 1630 37 or sometimes model is 1630D fujitsu siemens shop should come up . could normally do a link but cannot semm to do with this site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…